What do I need to know about lab testing?
- Most lab tests ordered by Parsley Health will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab work and/or specialty tests may not be covered by insurance. In these cases, you will be charged by either the lab or Parsley Health.
- If your insurance only covers blood work performed at a particular facilities, please inform our lab managers of this in advance of completing any labs.
- You will have the opportunity to choose which tests you feel comfortable paying for and we will make every effort to ensure that you’re fully aware of additional fees that may be incurred. You are under no obligation to purchase specialty testing
- Before your visit, you will receive instructions about how to get your blood work done. Please note that this should be completed at least 7 days prior to your appointment in order to optimize the time with your doctor.
- It's not possible to add testing to our standard Assessment panel. We believe that results of advanced biomarker testing should be monitored through a continuous partnership as offered by our Complete Care plan.
- Based on your initial medical evaluation, your doctor will order personalized lab work. This can include blood, saliva, urine, and stool tests.
- Should any lab results indicate the need for further testing, you will be directed to continue care with your Parsley Health doctor or a relevant specialist.
- If a test kit is mailed to you by Parsley Health, you will be charged by our team. This cost is not included in your membership fee.
- You will not be charged to have your lab specimen collected at the Parsley Health office. You may also elect to have your specimen collected at a collection center of your choice.