How should I prepare for my lab visit?
What to bring:
- A printed copy of your lab order.
- Your insurance card and photo ID.
- If you are completing lab testing at our Parsley Center's on-site lab you do not need to bring a printed copy. If you need to request any changes to your lab order, please message our team at least 24-hours prior to your scheduled lab visit. We cannot guarantee same-day changes to your testing will be available.
Before your draw:
- Drink plenty of water the evening before and the morning of your lab draw to ensure you are well hydrated.
- If your Parsley clinician recommended fasting within your visit Fast for 8-10 hours (no food, coffee, or tea).
- Stop taking any vitamins or minerals 48-72 hours before the lab draw.
- Take your medications as usual unless otherwise specified in your clinician’s visit note.
- Avoid intense exercise 24 hours prior to the lab draw.
After your draw:
- If you feel dizzy or light-headed, hang around for a nutrient-dense snack, and more hydration! Do not rush out the door or drive your car until you feel better.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for a minimum of 4 hours after the lab draw.